Our latest designer to hit the shop floor is one that nails the quintessential laid-back NYC girl style. Introducing Nili Lotan, a talented designer whose hard work and dedication to her craft helped to propel her success. Having spent the last 30 years perfecting her designs and working in the industry, Nili now provides women with pieces that reflect sophistication and timelessness, but are equally minimal and clean. We know you’re going to be seeing lots more of Nili, so we reveal 5 things you need to know about the NYC-based designer.
1. She was born in Tel Aviv Israel and moved to NYC in 1980.
2. Before starting her own line, Lotan lead design teams for some of America’s biggest fashion houses, such as Ralph Lauren, Liz Claiborne and Nautica.
3. She depicts political statements on her garments, from the fall of the Berlin Wall to images reflecting conflict in the Middle East.
4. Her mantra is “Hope is the thing with feathers” which is a line from a poem by Emily Dickinson.
5. She designs clothes for herself. She has said she tries to meet the needs of the life of the working mother, and she calls her collection her “wardrobe”.
To purchase Nili Lotan, visit us in store or call us on (07) 3252 8216.